When we become involved in a romantic relationship, everything can feel extremely exciting at the beginning. If you really start to develop strong feelings for your romantic interest, the whole partnership can go one of two ways. They can either be overjoyed and feel the same way or they might be put off, causing them to back away. Sometimes, it doesn’t matter how much we like someone, relationships can come to a sudden halt. When this happens, it could cause you upset and confusion, unsure of what went wrong and why. Romance causes a “butterflies in the stomach” sensation but when something isn’t right, we can have a heavy gut feeling that feels very negative. This gut feeling is called “intuition” and it’s where our subconscious is telling us something is wrong. A feeling like this can make us decide to not follow a dark path at night or even put an end to an important partnership. It’s tricky to decide whether or not to trust your intuition in relationships before all the facts are made clear. Below are the different reasons why you should and shouldn’t trust intuition.
When you should trust your intuition
- If a partner is becoming very distant with you.
- If sudden issues “pop up” that makes it very difficult for them to see you, yet they won’t elaborate on the reasons.
- If they constantly decline invitations to events where your family or friends will be there.
- If they don’t want to make their commitment to your relationship known to other people after a long time.
- If they lose contact with you, sometimes for days without any reason.
- If you feel more relaxed when you aren’t with them.
- If the thought of breaking up doesn’t bring a negative emotional response.
When you shouldn’t trust your intuition
- If you are having a bad day.
- If you’ve had a row with each other.
- If they make plans with you for the future.
- If they invite you to special occasions or trips with friends.
- If you know you’ve had problems with paranoia in the past.
- If they communicate with you how they feel, yet you’ve experienced a bump in the road.
- If you’re feeling negative about another area in your life that is causing you to jump to conclusions.
At the end of the day, we can never be 100% sure whether or not to believe intuition in a relationship. The trick is to remain positive no matter what. Being negative will drive someone away, making a bad situation out of nothing. If that person isn’t your soulmate, then the relationship will end in order for you to find the right person. On the other hand, you could be sabotaging a great relationship due to insecurities you need to put behind you, in order to pursue a happy future. If past relationships are causing you to doubt a current partner, you might need to seek advice from a friend or spiritual guidance from a psychic who can help you think more positively.