When there is a New Moon, it is an excellent time to start fresh and begin planning a new chapter in your life. Leading up to this moment, you may feel as if you’ve hit a brick wall, which is why this Moon is welcome by all. Here at Wishing Moon, we give regular updates about Moon phases on our Facebook page so you can be kept in the loop about when they are happening. Each New Moon is aligned with a star sign which changes its influence, depending on the qualities that sign embodies. It’s common for people to wish on New Moon and other phases so that they can try and make a desire come true. Many find it practical to use healing crystals during their wish to combine the characteristics of the planet and a stone of their choice. To learn what each New Moon means for you, read below and you could figure out how to make the most of it. If you would like to know other phases of the Moon and what they determine, visit here and get the information you need.
When there is an Aries New Moon, it’s time to step up and go for what you really want, or fight what you believe in. This fire sign can encourage many people to be a bit more dominant towards goals instead of hiding behind any insecurities. You will now be able to step over problems and walk on the path towards success. During this time, you should:
- Try to tackle obstacles head on.
- Keep a cool head so you don’t rub anyone up the wrong way.
- Have a look into what you really want to achieve and believe in yourself.
During a Taurus New Moon, you might need to take a look into your finances and figure out what’s going wrong and what’s going right. For example, if money just seems to be disappearing from your account, you need to look into your daily budget. Be real about it and figure out what needs to change. During this time, you should:
- Tighten your purse strings.
- Only spend on something that will help your wellbeing, such as comfortable items (pillows, warm quilts) that will last a long time and make a difference in your home.
- Plan a new budget for the next month and see how much of a difference it makes when you stick to it.
Gemini is a sign that is excellent at communicating, therefore you should allow yourself be guided by it. If you have felt like you’ve had a lot of disputes, this New Moon symbolises a change in this area. Conversations are bright and positive, making it much easier for you to agree with others and work towards success. During this time, you should:
- Share any great ideas you have; it might end up being much more impressive and innovative than you thought.
- Look over arguments that have happened in the past and ask why there was a mix-up. How can you prevent this?
- Tell someone how you feel about something. Whether this is money issues, relationship truths or anything else, now is the time you can say how you feel without negative outcomes.
When it’s a Cancer New Moon, you should be looking after yourself a little more. Rushing around to look after others may cause you to burn out and feel overwhelmed. Try to schedule some time to yourself to relax and unwind before another working week starts. During this time, you should:
- Look into your emotions and ask whether you are happy with the state of your well-being.
- Take a few days off work if you can so you can have a time-out from stress or responsibility.
- Treat yourself to something small such as flowers for your home to perk you back up again.
If you know anything about Leo, you’ll know it’s a dominant, strong star sign. It’s a great idea to try and grab opportunities when they present themselves. You might end up managing a project well enough to impress authority figures. It’s also a time to play hard, so make sure you let your hair down and have fun! During this time, you should:
- Ask your boss if there are any projects you can be involved in- it could skyrocket you to victory and help others see your potential.
- Go out with friends and let loose. It’s fine to be child-like and goofy, so go for it.
- Make sure you don’t step on any toes on your way to the top of the career pyramid- it’ll make you fall later on.
During the Virgo New Moon, it’s a wonderful time to look at restoring some peace and stability in your life. If your emotions have been all over the place, have a look at gentle exercise or yoga that can help soothe your mind. Be inspired by Virgo’s organisational skills and structure a “Be more happy” plan, packed full activities that help keep your chin up. During this time, you should:
- Have a look at any local art/craft groups you can join. Activities that are artistic could be very therapeutic and social.
- Remind yourself that it’s ok to make mistakes so stop beating yourself up about them.
- Allow yourself to go through any healing processes so you can become more spiritually centred and peaceful.
Libra is a sign linked to Venus, the planet of love. You should have a look at your love life and start fresh. If a relationship is on the rocks, either look for ways to rebuild it or move on. Libra is a sign that can inspire us to be more independent so if a relationship is a little too much, it’s a problem you’ll need to address. During this time, you should:
- Go for any new romances on the cards, repair current relationships or totally end one that no longer means anything to you.
- Have a little time out and pamper yourself- spend time making yourself look and feel great.
- Try out a new look because it could boost your confidence enough to embark on a new romance.
During a Scorpio New Moon, it’s a great time to reflect on your current situations and whether they are bringing you satisfaction. If they aren’t, it’s a great time to lock yourself away from the world and have a think about your true desires. Have you put dreams on the back burner? After this New Moon, you might decide to slowly start plans back up again so you can have a more secured, happy future. During this time, you should:
- Spend time with a loved one and bond with them again, especially if you’ve been feeling disconnected.
- Make a list of the areas in your life and rate them all from 1-10. Go through the ones that are the lowest and plan to change them first.
- Let go of any emotional baggage you are still carrying around. Start a new path without anxiety or hurt.
When there is a Sagittarius New Moon, it’s an amazing time to start planning rewards for hard work. For example, if you’ve been doing everything you can at work to succeed, plan a trip away where you can have fun with friends. With fire signs like Sagittarius, they like to succeed and can often forget about life outside of work. Have a look and see if you can plan a visit to a new city you can explore. During this time, you should:
- Plan a getaway, retreat or short break to celebrate accomplishments.
- Have a look at any night classes you can sign up for if you need to improve a skill at work.
- If you can’t afford a holiday, try a hiking day and take a camera- explore nature around you.
During a Capricorn New Moon, it’s time to become a hermit and spend time by yourself. Capricorn is a naturally hardworking sign but often forgets about a time out. This sign can help us all understand that it’s absolutely fine not to have our diaries fully booked. When you have a few nights alone with your thoughts, start preparing for your future and ask yourself what you’d like to accomplish. During this time, you should:
- Take a step back from making lots of plans for the week.
- Buy yourself something comfortable for your chill-out so it’s more encouraging.
- Note down any dreams you have at night- it could unlock hidden desires you don’t know about yet.
Aquarius is a sign that likes to run around, looking after others. When the New Moon is in this sign, it’s time that we have a good think about those around us. Is something happening in your neighbourhood that needs changing? Do something about it. During this time, you should:
- Organise a fundraising event, such as a bake sale for your neighbours.
- Offer help to a friend who is having a tough time- just an hour of your time listening to them could make a huge difference.
- Make the extra effort to visit any family members you don’t see often.
Pisces is a water sign which is connected to emotions we have towards ourselves and others. When there is a Pisces New Moon, it’s time that we become more honest with the people around us. This sign likes to please everyone however, this is the time where we tell the truth. If someone in your family is being unreasonable, revealing this will give them the opportunity to change. During this time, you should:
- Go over any issues with family members so you can iron them out.
- Be honest with yourself about how you feel at the moment. Are you unhappy? How can you change this?
- Get involved with creative projects, such as painting or sewing.
Which New Moon is your favourite? If you could like a Psychic Reading to discover how you could personally use the Moon sign’s power, find your perfect reader here.