Happiness can mean something completely different to each and every one of us. Authors are known for being amazing with words and very poetic when they want to be. This is why we’ve decided to show you some of our favourite happiness quotes from famous authors. Which one sticks out for you?
1. “For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
2. “Happiness is having a large, loving, caring and close-knit family in another city.” – George Burns
3. “Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go.” – Oscar Wilde
4. “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times; if only one remembers to turn on the light”. – J.K Rowling
5. “Happiness in the ordinary sense is not what one needs in life, though one is right to aim at it. The true satisfaction is to come through and see those whom one loves come through.” – E.M Forster
6. “If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.” – J.R.R Tolkien.
What are your favourite happiness quotes? Share them with us below!